|Ideal Candidates for Visian ICL
- An Advanced Myopic Vision Correction
The Visian ICL (Implantable Collamer® Lens) is a state-of-the-art refractive error solution that is ideal for anyone who has the need or desire for quality vision correction. Produced by STAAR® Surgical Company, the phakic IOL has numerous advantages including its correction of the widest range of myopia.
The Visian ICL Candidate
Good candidates for the Visian ICL include patients who:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 45 although can be outside of this range.
- Are nearsighted, including those with mild, moderate, and severe myopia (-3D to -20D prescription) with minor or no occurrence of astigmatism. The Visian Toric ICL, capable of correcting myopia and astigmatism, is currently under review with the U.S. FDA. The Visian TICL is currently available outside of the United States.
- Have proper anterior chamber depth and acceptable eye tissue cell density (this will be determined by Dr. Jaben during a comprehensive eye exam).
- Have not had a change in their eyeglass prescription of more than 0.5D in a year.
- Are not currently pregnant.
- Have no known allergies to medications used during refractive surgery or no other contraindications.
- Have dry eyes, severe myopia, or a thin cornea (non-LASIK candidate).
If you have questions about candidacy, please call Karon Petty, Refractive Surgery Coordinator for Dr. Scott Jaben, at 704/295-3777.